activemq-users mailing list archives

From sreekar <trinadhnal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we connect multiple connection for the same destination ?
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:47:00 GMT
Hi Mick,

Yes you are correct.

> A major value of a JMS broker is when there are any number of clients or
> indeed none
> (who don't need to know about each other's existence) sending to and
> receiving from a Destination.

I am trying to use it, by violating it major principle.

Thank you very much for responding and clarifying my doubts.

We are creating the producer and consumer process from the *session*. So i
thought if we use same session, there might be a chance of one-to-one
correspondence between producer Vs consumer.

ActiveMQ might be able to support (as an additional feature) this type of
(producer Vs consumer) mapping (i might be GREEDY to think like
that.......violate the basic advantage of QUEUE for the sake of an
additional feature........definitely GREEDY), but that might (most probably
will) significantly degrade the performance of ActiveMQ.

Once again many thanks for your inputs which put my thoughts on the right
track.

Thanks & Regards,
Sreekar