activemq-users mailing list archives

From mickhayes <>
Subject Re: Can we connect multiple connection for the same destination ?
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:05:15 GMT
For a small no. of such pairs, with a reasonably static existence, I would
use a Destination per pair.

I hope it's not heresy here to suggest that maybe what you need is RMI
rather than JMS. A major value of a JMS broker is when there are any number
of clients or indeed none (who don't need to know about each other's
existence) sending to and receiving from a Destination.

To answer your questions about connection handle etc., basically it's all
about the JMS Destination. In the simplest case, subscribers to a
Destination can receive messages which have been produced onto that

If you want to each consumer to fish "his own" messages from a single queue,
there are multiple ways of doing that, but it means each message must carry
some form of routing information.

Michael Hayes B.Sc. (NUI), M.Sc. (DCU), SCSA SCNA