activemq-users mailing list archives

From Vijesh <vijeshkn...@echidnainc.com>
Subject Re: JMS + JDBC Need your input to design a better system
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:40:55 GMT
OOPS...I think I have a solution, it got clicked only when I looked through
the example programs in the activemq sdk.

- I think I shouldn't use MessageListener in this case, as each message
becomes atomic in that case

- Use the MessageConsumer and it's receive(timeout) method, so all mesages
receiving before the timeout getting elapsed, can be now put in a single JMS
and DB transaction, and the transaction can be committed each time this time
out elapses.

- Also this can be implemented for a threshold message count, which can be a
member variable getting incremented, once the threshold reaches, the
transaction commit can be triggered.

That sounds a good approach, at the same time please let me know if you guys
having a better plan.