activemq-users mailing list archives

From Darren Govoni <dar...@ontrenet.com>
Subject Re: python library?
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2012 14:49:40 GMT
To be honest, I tried all those python libraries as well, but
activemq gets into "hung" states for various reasons so I had to abandon
it.

I saw situations where sometimes clients stop receiving messages for no
reason. They need restart, etc. I think its because activemq is a
"stateful" connection-oriented broker. I ended up writing a "stateless"
queue server based on HTTP/REST. Works better for me. Scales better.

I tried the stomp client as well. Had similar problems. Worked for small
data and throughput. High throughput over long time, it hangs. Maybe
recent ActiveMQ servers are better, but I think the scaling issues still
linger from the message traffic I see on the list.

Your mileage may vary though.