activemq-users mailing list archives

From landrews5807 <landr...@metrocourt.state.nm.us>
Subject Basic ActiveMQ setup but I am stuck
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 20:19:47 GMT
I have a server that is running ActiveMQ.

I have another remote server that an application writes XML files to a
specific folder that is shared.

I need for my ActiveMQ queue to get the XML file that was placed in the
folder on the network share by the other application.

What do I need to do to accomplish the following as part of the message
transfer:

1.  I have to authenticate to the remote server.
2.  My config file needs to reference the remote server.  When I use the
route tag in Camel like this:

<route>
  <from uri="file://servername.domain.gov/MetroFileDrop" />
  <to uri="activemq.queue:Odyssey.Queue" />
</route>

a NEW folder is created on my local server that is running ActiveMQ in the C
drive named:  servername.domain.gov/MetroFileDrop

instead of looking at the network location that already exists.

I wouldn't think this would be that difficult but am finding it hard to do.
Here's the process that I need to do:

1.  CaseManagement system publishes an XML file to a shared folder on a
specific server
2.  ActiveMQ is delivered that document/is sent the document/consumes it
(what ever word choice is correct)
3.  ActiveMQ does something with that document

That is the essence of the message broker, right?  I should be able to
accomplish this, right?

Thank you.

Leslie