activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mark Anderson <manderso...@gmail.com>
Subject Can non-persistent messages sent via topics use temp storage?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 15:18:25 GMT
I am having problems trying to get non-persistent messages sent via a topic
to use temp storage when the memory usage limit is reached.

In my search for a solution I found a reference to the following unit test
as an example of how to configure ActiveMQ to use temp storage for
non-persistent messages:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/bugs/TempStorageBlockedBrokerTest.java?view=markup&pathrev=1233367

When I edit the test case testFillTempAndConsume to use a topic instead of
a queue it fails and no data is written to the temp storage.

Is the usage of temp storage with topics supported in this way?

I found issue AMQ-3738 (Cursors not dealing with topic memoryLimit
overflow) which sounds like the same issue as I am seeing. Is this a bug in
ActiveMQ and if so is it likely to be resolved in the immediate future?

Thanks,
Mark