activemq-users mailing list archives

From Otho <taa...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Notfication on closing of WebSocket connection?
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 20:47:45 GMT
Hi Dejan,

I don't have much of an idea how Jetty handles the websocket protocol.
Maybe it would be easier to make some configurable hook, so that you can
for example plug in a netty websocket server where all events are readily
available. If they are available in Jetty, too they should definitely be
exposed, maybe by way of a configurable Listener which you can hook in.

Problem with websocket protocol is that the connection is reestablished
with a new connection id when the user for example reloads the page, so
there should also be some access to the connected users which should be
identifiable. Most problems can be solved without any problem with
establishing queues or topics for individual users or user groups (think
IRC like systems) but a lot of messages could be lost or lingering when
they are sent though a user is already disconnected.

Regards,
Otho