activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Geraghty, Colm" <colm.gerag...@teamaol.com>
Subject problem getting activemq-admin working on a host with both an internal and external IP address
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 16:59:02 GMT
hi there

I'm running an activeMQ broker on a CentOS host which has both an internal and external IP
address (I have no control over these settings)

The external address is stored in /etc/hosts lets say 111.222.333.444 and the internal is
returned in the inetAddress on ifconfig - lets say 555.666.777.888

I can successfully access the jmxServer remotely by using the setting :

ACTIVEMQ_SUNJMX_CONTROL="--jmxurl service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://555.666.777.888:20112/jmxrmi"

and then when connecting via jconsole I use the url :

service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://111.222.333.444:20112/jmxrmi

so the problem arises when I try to run the 'bin/activemq-admin query' from the same host.
I get the following error :

Connecting to pid: 13063
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute query task. Reason: java.rmi.ConnectIOException:
error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute query task. Reason: java.rmi.ConnectIOException:
error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is:
        at org.apache.activemq.console.command.QueryCommand.runTask(QueryCommand.java:121)

I also see the following errors on this host in the terminal wondow where the broker was started
:

 INFO | Transport failed: java.io.EOFException
 INFO | Transport failed: java.io.EOFException

So I guess, the question is - is this a problem caused by the dual IP addresses or is it a
Memory/Resource issue caused by lack of resources on the linux host ?

Also note - I am running the same config on a local linux host with only 1 IP address and
everything works fine

thanks in advance for any help

rgds
Colm