activemq-users mailing list archives

From craigwarren <>
Subject Configuring Destinations in activemq's JNDI initial Context
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:28:08 GMT

I'm trying to create an application which uses JMS message queues, but in
order to support production and development environment I need to be able to
use both Apache ActiveMQ and Oracle AQ.

I use spring to do jndi lookups of the destinations... below is the configI
use when connecting to Oracle AQ:

        java.naming.factory.initial = weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory
        java.naming.provider.url = ${jndi.jms.naming.url}
        queue.handlersDest = t3://localhost:7001

But when I connect to ActiveMQ I have to add an extra property to the

        java.naming.factory.initial =
        java.naming.provider.url = tcp://
        queue.handlersDest = handlersDest

The extra property (queue.handlersDest = handlersDest) seems to be asking
activeMQ to put the queue physically named "handlersDest" in the jndi name
"queue.handlersDest". I want to know if there is any way this can be done in
advance, and not by the client using the destination.

Can I configured activemq.xml to pre-set this naming? I would rather not
have that property in my client application if I can avoid it.