activemq-users mailing list archives

From unficyp ...@besharp.at>
Subject Embedded Broker / AJAXServlet / Jetty
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 23:00:34 GMT
Hi all,
i'm using activemq 5.4.3 together with Jetty 8.1.2.

I built a java program using an embedded broker in a thread. The thread
creates a topic, reads messages from ZeroMQ and sends them to the topic.
In the program, i enabled a jetty embedded server using the AJAXServlet in a
ServletContextHandler
(addServlet).

After that, a HTML/JS page using amq.js is connecting to the jetty with the
uri in the amq.init call.
My problem:
"Error occurred in poll. HTTP result: 0, status: parsererror". in the
Firefox console.

Facts:
- I wrote a java test program subscribing to the topic and printing the
messages to the console. The topic exists and the messages are displayed
correctly.
- The messages are text containing JSON format.
- If i connect with the browser to the jetty url / port
(http://127.0.0.1:8080/amq), nothing happens. After a timeout (25s),
"<ajax-response></ajax-response>" is displayed although messages were
available during that time.

So i guess my Jetty setup is wrong, ..somewhere.

The code initializing Jetty is here:
			QueuedThreadPool threadPool = new QueuedThreadPool();
			threadPool.setMaxThreads(30);

	        Server server = new Server(8080);
            server.setSendDateHeader(true);
            server.setThreadPool(threadPool);
            server.setSendServerVersion(true);

	        ServletContextHandler context = new
ServletContextHandler(ServletContextHandler.SESSIONS);
	        context.setContextPath("/");
	        context.setInitParameter("org.apache.activemq.brokerURL",
brokerURL);
	        context.setInitParameter("org.apache.activemq.embeddedBroker",
"true");

	        server.setHandler(context);

	        context.addServlet(new ServletHolder(new  AjaxServlet()),"/amq/*");
	        context.addServlet(new ServletHolder(new
HelloServlet()),"/hello");

	        server.start();
	        server.join();

Jetty basically works, a GET http://127.0.0.1:8080/hello works.

Can anyone give me a hint or tell me what i did wrong ?

regards,
gw