activemq-users mailing list archives

From sreekar <trinadhnal...@gmail.com>
Subject Effects of the session (count) and connection (count)
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:59:19 GMT
Hi Guyz,

I am trying to use the Active-mq in our application, architecture of
application is 3-Tier.

We need a bunch of queues to be configured for the application.

The queue_name will be in format of <server>.<queue_name>
Ex: DB.DBQ1, DB.DBQ2  etc  #  Queues in DB Server
     AP.APQ1, AP.APQ2  etc  #  Queues in APP Server
     PS.Q1, PS.Q2   etc        #  Queues in Presentation Layer.

I am thinking of the following scenarios :

#1 -  Create one connection
        Create one session
        Create all the required Queues (for ALL Servers)
#2 -  Create one connection
        Create one session for each server
        Create Queues for each server in their corresponding session
#3 -  Create on connection for each server
        Create one/more session (# for sub-grouping with in the server)
        Create  queues in the using the session(s) created under the
connection (created for each server).

Could you guys please help me out in finding the best (well-managed)
solution for the above scenario ?
Which is best among the 3 (above mentioned) scenarios ?
Is there any other better way to do this job?

On what grounds we can say which is the best option?

In general,
#1 - what is the effect of increasing the number of session's of one
connection ?
       (Is there any limit on this ?)
#2 - what is the effect of increasing the number of connection's  for a
broker ?
(Assumption : i guess we can create multiple connections for 1
broker..right?)
       (Is there any limit on this ?)

Any help would be appreciable.

Thanks & Best Regards,