activemq-users mailing list archives

From Hervé BARRAULT <herve.barra...@gmail.com>
Subject Producer flow control
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:37:42 GMT
Hi,

i have looked to the documentation of the producer flow control
functionality (http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html).

I see that it is based on the storage size but in my case, i think not
being able to use the size.
I have a queue where i put messages two kind of messages : Big 10MB and
Small 1kB.

As Big messages are rare (compared to small ones), i would limit the Memory
to 100MB (10 messages).
But for small messages i would limit the number of small messages to 5000
(so about 5MB) . We have noted that with JDBC persistence, the number of
pending messages in the broker (not by queue) is important for
"performances".

As i would keep the order of Big and Small messages, i put them in the same
queue.

Is there a way to define a strategy for the flow control which is 100MB and
5k messages ?

Regards
Hervé