activemq-users mailing list archives

From Hervé BARRAULT <herve.barra...@gmail.com>
Subject Multicast and ActiveMQ
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 21:59:43 GMT
Hi,
I would multicast messages to different (dynamically determined) consumers.

I'm asking myself if it is more efficient to use multiple queues or use a
topic with durable subscription and selectors (I am using persistence).
I would say topics reduce the number of persisted messages but i am afraid
that one consumer can influence other consumers (if some clients are slower
than other).

I have already seen that topic could have some problems in case of failover
with the subscriptions.

What is the best way to accomplish this behavior ?

Regards
Hervé