activemq-users mailing list archives

From Chaitanya Gupta <chaitanya_gu...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: Activemq Clustering and failover
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 13:00:42 GMT
Hi Matt,

Thx for inputs.

I tried failover transport but having one issue. Produces app is sending messages to active
broker (say broker1), if I take the broker1 down, broker 2 gets the lock on DB and producer
automatically starts sending messages to broker2, which is good. However when I take broker1
down, consumer App is not able to read from queue on broker2. I need to restart my consumer
app (tomcat based app) to make it working. I am using activemq 5.2

Thanks,
Chaitanya

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Pavlovich [mailto:mattrpav@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:15 PM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Activemq Clustering and failover

Chaitanya-

There are several solutions for this, and I suggest starting with just
two brokers connected via network connectors.  On the client side, you
configure the clients to point to both brokers and they will
automatically fail-over to the "live" broker if you are doing maintenance.

Server side -- Network of brokers:
http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html

Client side config:
http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html

Once you get two brokers communicating and sharing destinations, you can
look to add slaves and client update to the URI's.

Hope this helps!
Matt Pavlovich

On 1/25/12 4:20 AM, Chaitanya Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an application deployed in clustered env (say app server1, app server2). I also
have activemq running on server1 and server2 so I have 2 brokers (one queue on each broker).
App on server1 can write to any of the queue (Q1, Q2) but will consume only messages on Q1.

> We are looking for clustered / failover solution for activemq. Please let me know what
solution would be best for this type of configuration?

> Also if I have to take one server offline for maintenance, how can I move amq on server
1 to standby server?

> Thanks,
> Chaitanya
>
> DISCLAIMER
of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read,
retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.