activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMS specific failover capabilities
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 05:38:24 GMT
Hi-

I've seen that config setup in SAP at another customer, and the bug is
in SAP's JMS configuration.  There is supposedly a bug ticket open with
SAP on it, I suggest adding a "+1" to the ticket ;-).  There are a
number of blog posts that claim to get escape characters in order for it
to take it, but we weren't able to get any of those working correctly.

I think your best bet is to use updateClusterClients="true".  You'll
need two pairs of Master/Slave brokers connected with a network
connector.  In this scenario, your SAP clients will have a URL pointing
to one of the Master brokers.

Step-by-step behavior
1. Client connects to Master 1  ie.. "tcp://master1:61616"
2. Master 1 gives client a list of "Active" brokers in the broker
network -- failover://tcp://master1:61616, tcp://master2:61617.
     (This all happens in the ActiveMQ client code, so the SAP PI config
does not come into play.)
3. Master 1 fails, client connects to Master 2
3. Slave 1 comes up.  Master 2 provides client a list of active
brokers-- master2, slave1.
4. etc..

Broker side config here:
http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html