activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Choosing the right HA option
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:25:07 GMT
Hi Zagan-

The shared filesystem is usually faster (10-100x) than the shared
database approach.  I believe its also simpler to manage.  A queuing
system is going to thrash the Oracle database, and require a lot of db
maintenance (or at least it did when I last used it with Oracle 9).

I recommend using the shared filesystem using a SAN (or NFSv4).

Hope this helps,
Matt Pavlovich