activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Activemq Clustering and failover
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 22:03:42 GMT
Chaitanya-

You definitely need to upgrade from ActiveMQ 5.2.  If you aren't
experiencing a bug currently, there is a good chance you will down the road.

Matt Pavlovich

On 2/2/12 7:00 AM, Chaitanya Gupta wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thx for inputs.
>
> I tried failover transport but having one issue. Produces app is sending messages to
active broker (say broker1), if I take the broker1 down, broker 2 gets the lock on DB and
producer automatically starts sending messages to broker2, which is good. However when I take
broker1 down, consumer App is not able to read from queue on broker2. I need to restart my
consumer app (tomcat based app) to make it working. I am using activemq 5.2

> Thanks,
> Chaitanya

also have activemq running on server1 and server2 so I have 2 brokers (one queue on each broker).
App on server1 can write to any of the queue (Q1, Q2) but will consume only messages on Q1.

>> We are looking for clustered / failover solution for activemq. Please let me know
what solution would be best for this type of configuration?

>> Also if I have to take one server offline for maintenance, how can I move amq on
server 1 to standby server?

>> Thanks,
>> Chaitanya
>>
>> DISCLAIMER
>> This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property
of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read,
retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication