activemq-users mailing list archives

From Brian Wright <bri...@marketo.com>
Subject Question about activemq queue message events
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 03:40:39 GMT
Hello,

I'm actually asking this question on behalf of one of our developers.
As I understand ActiveMQ (and Servicemix), when a message is placed into
a queue, an event is fired off telling the consumer a new message is now
present.  It is then the consumer's job to pick up the new message and
process it.

We had a recent issue where it appeared that new message arrival events
were either not firing or firing off very slowly to the consumer as
messages were placed into the queue.  So, the message queue was backing
up and messages were not being processed.  Note that we have about 8
different queues on this Servicemix server, but only one of the queues
exhibited this behavior.  As a result, the processing ground to a halt
on this specific queue and queue messages backed up.  Once we restarted
everything involving servicemix, activemx and the consumer of the queue,
everything went back to normal processing speed.

I'm trying to determine if there are any known issues that could cause
this behavior within ActiveMQ.  We are running Apache Servicemix version
4.3.1-fuse-01-09 using ActiveMQ version 5.4.2 (looks like the ActiveMQ
packages were included with the Servicemix package).

As another question, since it appears ActiveMQ was included in the
Servicemix package, should I ask this question on the Servicemix forum
instead?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--