activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAPAuthorizationMap and Active Directory
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 21:37:54 GMT
Chris-

This is one of the major flaws in LDAP.  There are a number of
conventions for handling group membership, and no strictly followed
"standard".  Listing of common names, such as CN values, or listing full
DNs.  Then, there is the model of dynamic groups, where the user entry
has the group listing, vs the group having the user listing.  Confused yet?

There are a couple of member-related attributes: member, memberOf and a
couple other attributes that are used for membership.  I'm not an expert
in AD, but I believe I have seen instances where they use both the DN
list on the group and the dynamic group model, where the groups are
listed on the users.  I think it may depend on how many "upgrades" that
AD instance has been through.a

A patch may make sense, but it would need to be consider all the weird
LDAP grouping models.

Matt Pavlovich