activemq-users mailing list archives

From "john.horner" <>
Subject master/slave within a network of brokers
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:11:20 GMT
I'm trying to get master/slave failover to work within a network of brokers.
According to various blogs
this is supposed to work as of 5.6 (I'm using the latest snapshot of 5.6)

I have a shared-nothing master/slave configuration.  When I make a client
connection to the master/slave all works well.  However, I'm trying to get
an embedded broker to make a network connection to the master/slave, and
that's not working.  My network connection for the embedded broker looks
like this:

and I've also tried the supposedly equivalent config of

The embedded broker connects and successfully publishes to the master node.
When I kill the master the embedded broker does not failover properly.  The
embedded broker hangs when it tries to publish.  Based on the log, it seems
the embedded broker does think it is connected to the slave.  It's log says:

The slave notes a connection failure with the embedded broker.  It's log
says the following:

Any thoughts on what is going on are greatly appreciated.