activemq-users mailing list archives

From Zagan <erbsen.fr...@gmail.com>
Subject JMS specific failover capabilities
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:41:34 GMT
Hello,

I have the problem that one of my message producers/consumers is SAP PI.
It can be configured to access Active MQ through the use of a Generic JMS
driver.

The communication between SAP PI and Active MQ instance should be highly
available.
Therefore I have to use failover protocol on the client side and Shared
Filesystem Master/Slave
on the active mq instance level. Because the failover protocol is Active MQ
specific and not required
in the JMS spec I can't use it.

Does the JMS Specification provide any failover capabilities which I could
use? If not, are there any workarounds like a Proxy for Active MQ instances?

So far I found this, which is from my point of view not satisfying :-)
http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1833945
http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1833945

Thanks in advance!