activemq-users mailing list archives

From stephenju <step...@ju-ju.com>
Subject ActiveMQ CPP: Getting text from a Text Message without making temporary
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 15:06:52 GMT
Is there a way to access the text bytes without creating a temporary
std::string? I am dealing with some large text messages and try not to
allocate memory when making copies. For example, when I get the message:

std::string reply = myMessage->getText();

getText() makes a copy of its data on return. And the assignment operator
copies it again into my variable. If I can pass my std::string variable to
the message and have it fill it out for me, or I can get the constant
reference to the string data in the message, it will save considerable time
and memory.

There are also times that I don't need to make a copy of the text. Like when
parsing the text as XML or JSON, the data is no longer needed after the
parsed structure is created.

Thanks.