activemq-users mailing list archives

From Don Hu <y...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: why nobody pay attention to this bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-3281
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:41:10 GMT
Hi, Matt:

Thank you very much for the quick response.

We are using 5.2 in production. You can see that's why unit tests and duplication is hard
for us. Our production issue is very similar to AMQ-3281 and AMQ-2009.
Since these two bugs are all open bugs as 5.6, we are not sure to upgrade to any of the version
you mentioned could help us.
We are very interested in using FuseSource, as matter of fact, Adobe as a company want to
gain the support from Fuse if possible.
Again, we are not sure that the Fuse version solve the issue and our problem or not.

Please also read a section that I wrote:

Research on activeMQ bugs database and user forum

There are numerous people reported the issues in activeMQ bug database and user discussion
forum.
They are very similar to our production issue. A number of similar bugs have been opened (never
concluded or fixed).
open bug
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-2009.

Similarity to our production issue:

1. Happens only under load, usually a few hour to couple days of running
2. Only happens in the network broker (not embedded broker) (we are using network broker too)
3. Only in multiple thread producers environment (our case too)
4. With only consumers are running in a different processes (our case too)
5. In most case, the consumers are slower than the producers (our case too)
6. Restart broker will fix the problem
7. Problem reported on version since 5.2, and it is open bug for the next release 5.6.

Thanks
Don