activemq-users mailing list archives

From Bill Moo <cppsys...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ now fails to start at power on after a week of success!
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:16:30 GMT
Hello List,

I am running ActiveMQ v5.5.1 on my test server, an x64 SMP OpenBSD v5.0
install. As I work from a location away from the main office this machine
is turned off every night. Over the past week the machine (and ActiveMQ)
have started successfully. However, this morning my Java applet (delivered
from the same server) told me it couldn't connect. When I tried to start it
manually it says it is unable to due to :

2012-01-20 09:54:55,431 | ERROR | Failed to start ActiveMQ JMS Message
Broker. Reason: java.io.IOException: Unknown data type: 56 |
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService | main
java.io.IOException: Unknown data type: 56
 at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.doUnmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:356)
 at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.java:204)
 at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.getLastMessageBrokerSequenceId(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:236)
 at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.DestinationFactoryImpl.getLastMessageBrokerSequenceId(DestinationFactoryImpl.java:145)
 at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.<init>(RegionBroker.java:122)
 at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createRegionBroker(BrokerService.java:1833)
 at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createRegionBroker(BrokerService.java:1824)
 at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.createBroker(BrokerService.java:1781)
 at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.getBroker(BrokerService.java:766)
 at
org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCPersistenceAdapter.start(JDBCPersistenceAdapter.java:296)
 at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService.start(BrokerService.java:493)
 at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService.afterPropertiesSet(XBeanBrokerService.java:60)
 at
 at
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeCustomInitMethod(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1536)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1477)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1409)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:519)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:291)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:222)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:288)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:190)
 at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:574)
 at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:895)
 at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:425)
 at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:64)
 at
org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ResourceXmlApplicationContext.<init>(ResourceXmlApplicationContext.java:52)
 at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1.<init>(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:114)
 at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createApplicationContext(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:114)
 at
org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:70)
 at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:71)
 at
org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:54)
 at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker(StartCommand.java:115)
 at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:91)
 at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
 at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:143)
 at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:57)
 at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:85)
 at
 at
 at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:251)
 at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:107)
Now no one apart from me has access to this machine and the configuration
hasn't changed since Jan the 11th this year, so I don't understand why it
is deciding all of a sudden to fail like this.

I have attached a tarball of the log and I would be greatful for your input
on this.

--
Bill