activemq-users mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Help with Apache NMS and Apache Apollo
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:02:55 GMT
Hi Dave,

First off, if your running apollo on windows, I recommend you switch
the persistence mechanism from using leveldb to using bdb.  The
leveldb implementation on windows is still very buggy. You can find
more info on how to switch it at:

http://activemq.apache.org/apollo/documentation/getting-started.html#Switching_to_the_BDB_Store

Regards,
Hiram

FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com/

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Dave Thompson
<dave.thompson@elmbridgetech.com> wrote:
> Tim,
>
> I've now managed to get it working. The scary thing is I have absolutely no idea why
it's just started functioning. The only thing I changed was to ramp up the log level, delete
the data directory and restart it.

> Do you, or anyone else on this channel have any idea why I'd get the intermittent behaviour?
It's very odd - I've tried with the SSL connection as well and the same thing happened - one
moment it wouldn't work, then 3 minutes later it would!

> Any help is very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

up the code, it looks like the socket connection is being severed the minute StompWireFormat.Unmarshal
is called.

> I would guess this is the server disconnecting me for some reason - but I see nothing
in the server log files, even when I've set the log4net config file in my local broker to
DEBUG... do you know if I'd see that or not?

> Thanks,
>
> Dave

for a STOMP connection, or is it just a case of trial and error?

> Thanks,
>
> Dave

versions? I assume they should chatter quite happily between themselves even though NMS only
supports STOMP 1.0...

>> I do wonder whether there's anything else I need to consider as I'm running this
under Windows 7 x64 with the x64 JDK... specifically, I need to delete the Data directory
of my broker instance every time I restart or I get  an error when restarting the broker
- ERROR | Store client startup failure: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xerial/snappy/Snappy.

>> Thanks very much for your help...
>>
>> Dave
>
> There were some fixes in Stomp v1.5.2 that you need, download that and it should work.
>
> Regards
> Tim.

Apollo? I'm trying my hardest to do this myself, but NMS just won't connect to the broker,
giving a "Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly
closed by the remote host" when trying to create a consumer.