activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: How to tell why message sent to DLQ?
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2012 23:07:54 GMT
BTW, is there an easy way to via JMX look at the DLQ messages and determine if they were sent
here due to expiration?  I didn't see any hints when I looked that the messages had been expired
and thus sent to the DLQ.  Perhaps the messages should get a property attached to explain
the reason for DLQ delivery?  Something like a "dlqDeliveryReason" which could be "expired"
or "failure" and on "failure" you can go look at "dlqDeliveryFailureCause" for more detail.

Are there any other reasons why a message might be sent to the DLQ?

--jason

On Jan 21, 2012, at 2:29 PM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Doh!  I didn't realize (or maybe I just forgot) that expired messages are sent to the
DLQ by default.

> I also didn't realize that the JMSDestination on messages sent to a virtual topic will
retain the virtual topic destination and not the consumer queue destination.

> --jason
>
> On Jan 20, 2012, at 2:20 AM, Gary Tully wrote:
>
>> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.virtual.VirtualTopicInterceptor#send
>>
>> which calls: org.apache.activemq.broker.region.DestinationFilter#send
>>
>> On 20 January 2012 01:48, Jason Dillon <jason@planet57.com> wrote:
>>> Can you point me at the code which handles virtual topic subscription message
propagation to consumer queues plz?

>>> --jason

by OriginalDestination property while browsing the ActiveMQ.DLQ via visualvm,  which end up
in the DLQ.  Really unsure why any message sent to a virtual topic would end up here.  Shouldn't
the virtual topic simply copy the message to all known client's and be done with it?

the message when sent to the DLQ as to why it was sent there?