activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does a persistent message stay (keep) on the broker forever ?
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:31:10 GMT
Glad to hear.  Yes, the "store" limits the disk space that the broker
will use.  Once that limit is reached, the broker will kick in "producer
flow control", where it will not ack messages to producers.  This allows
the consumer to "catch up" and drain the queues.

You shouldn't have to tweak things like cursors and turn off producer
flow control in most scenarios, but if you want some nice bedtime
reading you can get more detail here:

http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html

Matt Pavlovich