activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does a persistent message stay (keep) on the broker forever ?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:39:33 GMT
Abimael-

ActiveMQ does not permanently store messages on its one.  KahaDB will
create a full-sized db-1.log (default is 32Mb) at start-up.  It stores
messages in there, and as messages are created and consumed, it will
create new db-*.log files as needed, and delete db-*.log files as
messages are consumed.  For your test, try running 10,000+ of your test
messages.  You should see a db-2.log file created and the db-1.log file
deleted once all the messages are consumed.

See the SystemUsage configuration options for limiting the disk space
that you want to allow AMQ to use.  A good rule of thumb is space for at
least 3-4 days worth of data (depending on your messaging pattern).

Hope this helps!
Matt Pavlovich