activemq-users mailing list archives

From Abimael <abimael_olive...@hotmail.com>
Subject Does a persistent message stay (keep) on the broker forever ?
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2012 19:32:02 GMT
Hi
Perhaps my question is simple . I tried to look for information on ApacheMQ
documentaion but I 'm not able to do.
Scenario :
 DurableTopic configured via webadmin;
 Persistent Messages sent by Producer with no time to live defined.
 Consumer consumer messages deliveried assync.

 I noticed that the Kahadb files does not change . I mean , the Kahadb files
does not decrease.
 I guess that the messages are kept there forever , even they are consumer
by the Consumer.
But I could not check such "guess" in the documentation.
 I understand that Persistent messages are kept to avoid be lost by a broker
outage , but I do not know if they are kept AFTER consumer consumes .

 I am planning some disk space and I do not know if the space will increase
indefinitely . I guess it will not, but I want to be sure and understand
"how" it is managed.

Thanks in advance