activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Martin C." <mart...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: How can a producer/consumer tell if its connection is still good?
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 06:51:42 GMT
Hi,

you are right, I just read to sloppy, and as most of the traffic on
this list is about the Java part, I simply jumped to the wrong
language in my mind. In my C++ implementations I use the same
recommendation as from Ivan Pechorin, I set the cms::ExceptionListener
and have built a very similar implementation to Spring's
SingleConnectionFactory based on this one. Unfortunately there is no
way before any interaction on the connection to know if it is still
up, like there is also no way to knowing if a TCP connection is still
good before actually trying to read/write to it (timeouts aside).

Best regards,
Martin