activemq-users mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Availability of Asynchronous IO feature (when running on linux)
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:37:47 GMT
Hi Mohan,

I'd recommend you try out the lastest release of Apollo [1] which is
the core messaging engine that ActiveMQ 6 will be built on.  You also
might want to take a look at the performance comparison between Apollo
and HornetQ which does use an AIO journal:
http://hiramchirino.com/stomp-benchmark/ubuntu-2600k/index.html

Just focus on the 3 graphs under "Queue Load/Unload" which are the
scenarios most impacted by the disk IO implementation.  As you can
see, HornetQ's AIO implementation might be giving it a 10% edge over
Apollo when sending persistent messages.  So AIO is still on the
radar, it's just right now there are ton of other priorities like
implementing full openwire support which we would like to get done
before going for the 10% performance improvements.

[1]: http://activemq.apache.org/apollo/download.html

Regards,
Hiram

FuseSource