activemq-users mailing list archives

From Stevo Slavić <>
Subject Re: Disabling auto creating data directory base structure
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:44:31 GMT
Found in latest trunk a class org.apache.kahadb.util.LockFile with lock
method which I think is first one to make use of the data directory, and it
will create all directories specified in data directory path.

Maybe additional configuration parameter, createBaseDataDirectory, could be
added. It could default to true for backward compatibility, but when that
parameter is false lock method should check if data directory exists, and
if it doesn't lock should throw IOException that it can not acquire lock
since data directory does not exist and AMQ is configured not to
auto-create it.

Does this proposal make sense to others?