activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: Multiple war in Tomcat 7 using a shared embedded ActiveMQ
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 09:24:10 GMT
Hi,

At first I thought you could simply use the vm transport as the first client to use it would
boot an embedded broker. But then the brokers life time depends on that war. Also, I presume
this could result in class loading issues at runtime?

The better approach seems to be deploying the broker as its own war. This introduces the problem
of ensuring the broker gets started first but I would hope that Tomcat has a solution to offer.
You can still stop the broker by stopping or undeploying the entire war file.

Does it really need to be an embedded broker or could the broker also run standalone mode?
You can then manage its life cycle completely independent of Tomcat.

Regards,

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com