activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fibonacci <adrenaline.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EnqueueCount, DequeueCount, DispatchCount and QueueSize inconsistencies in 3.5.0 (bug?)
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:44:09 GMT
Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your reply.
Just to make sure I understood you correctly: the property counters that we
are seeing in the version 5.3.0 could not all been applied to JMS topics
(e.g. QueueSize)? However calculations of those counters for applicable
entities (e.g. message queue) should be correct in version 5.3.0?

Our problem is ever-growing number of ActiveMQTextMessage objects in the JVM
which we suspect to be the main reason for OutOfMemory error we are getting.
To illustrate, the number of objects increased by 265 000 just over the
night. This is strange because we are successfully receiving messages on the
consumers, so our initial thoughts were that messages are not being
acknowledged correctly, thus not being removed from the topics. But since
you said that those statistics aren’t really applicable and/or correct this
is out of the picture. Does anything else come to mind what might be causing
the increase in the number of ActiveMQTextMessage objects?