activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fibonacci <adrenaline.j...@gmail.com>
Subject EnqueueCount, DequeueCount, DispatchCount and QueueSize inconsistencies in 3.5.0 (bug?)
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:23:25 GMT
Hi there!

We are using AcqiveMQ 5.3.0 with ServiceMix 3.3.2 and non persistent broker,
and have noticed the some strange behavior with JMS topics. The statistics
for our topics are as follows:
DequeueCount = 307236
MinEnqueueTime = 1
MaxAuditDepth = 2048
AverageEnqueueTime = 0.08459946100066398
InFlightCount = 0
MemoryLimit = 5242880
Type = Topic
EnqueueCount = 160886
MaxEnqueueTime = 8
MemoryUsagePortion = 0.0
ProducerCount = 1
UseCache = true
MaxProducersToAudit = 32
BrokerName = localhost
ConsumerCount = 2
ProducerFlowControl = false
QueueSize = 160886
MaxPageSize = 200
MemoryPercentUsage = 0
DispatchCount = 307236
ExpiredCount = 0

Two things are strange here:
1)	DequeueCount = DispatchCount > EnqueueCount. How can that be?
2)	With that DequeueCount and DispatchCount, how can QueueSize still be >0?

Our consumers have acknowledge policies set to AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE. The same
problems can be seen in the auto generated ActiveMQ topics
(org.apache.servicemix.JCAFlow and
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic.org.apache.servicemix.JMSFlow). I’ve gotten
the same statistics both from ActiveMQ console and command line tool, so I
believe the readings are right.

I found the JIRA bug report [AMQ-1600] which pretty much describes the
behavior in case 2) but it states that the bug was resolved in version 5.3.0
- which is the one we are using.

An ActiveMQ upgrade is not an option at the moment. This seems to be basic
ActiveMQ functionality that is broken so I assume it only occurs under
specific circumstances. Can anyone suggest a workaround or reconfiguration
which might be of use?