activemq-users mailing list archives

From jp <joseph.pac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory in messageConsumer thread: activemq running out of memory
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 11:05:08 GMT
Hi Torsten

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Even though I hadn't seen it, it  doesn't really help me: indeed, it's not
the message consumers themselves who run out of memory, but the thread in
which they run. Starting from the OutOfMemoryError, the message consumers
don't consume any message anymore, while the topic looks like keeping these
messages (for the consumer to consume them at some point in the future).

Is there some way to reduce the time the topic waits for the message
consumers to actually consume their messages?

The only option I can think of currently may be to reduce the time to live
of the messages, however we also have a durable topic subscriber for which
the messages have to stay around longer, and as such we can't reduce to
lower than the current value.

best
joseph