activemq-users mailing list archives

From wolfie <sho...@za.go2uti.com>
Subject Re: SSL certificates not being sent in C# listener connection
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 05:31:15 GMT
Hi Original Poster again.

Properly solved it this time. The local queue and Java bridge was a
nightmare short term solution, but it bought me the time to try other stuff
to get it working properly.

1) Export the server certificate as base 64 encoded X.509 CER, private keys
not included (assume for this example we called the certificate test.cer).

2) Include this certificate file in the applications directory, i.e. the
same folder as the exe file. (I think that it has to be the bin dir for VB
apps?).

3) Use this modifier on the end of the connection ssl url:
?transport.clientcertfilename=test.cer

NOTE: I can't seem to get this working for a windows service, only a windows
forms application. I think it has something to do with the windows service's
working directory not being its own directory but rather the window/System32
dir. I converted my windows service to a windows forms app. Less discrete,
but actually functional with SSL.