activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dysan <>
Subject Multiple war in Tomcat 7 using a shared embedded ActiveMQ
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 15:25:55 GMT

I'm working on a project where several war inside a tomcat 7 have to
communicate with a single embedded activeMQ (5.5.1) broker inside the same

I'm wondering what was the best practice to manage this and how to start and
stop the broker properly.

Actually i try tu use a global JNDI entry in server.xml and in each war get
my activemq connection with a lookup. The first connection to the broker
implicitly starts it. But with this method I run into various problems like
instance already existing or locks in data store.

Should I use instead an additional war which uses a BrokerFactory to start
the broker explicitly ? In this case how to make sure that this war executes
first in Tomcat ? And how do I stop my broker and where ?

Thanks for the help.