activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject ActiveMQ thread usage
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 00:29:16 GMT
How accurate is this document wrt ActiveMQ 5.5.1?  Is there a better place to find relevant
details about thread usage/meaning/configuration?

http://fusesource.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/Understanding+the+Threads+Allocated+in+ActiveMQ

I see threads with names like:

ActiveMQ Transport tcp:...
ActiveMQ Transport Server: tcp...
ActiveMQ Transport Server Thread Handler: tcp...
ActiveMQConnection[ID...] Scheduler
ActiveMQ Task-*
ActiveMQ Session Task-*
InactivityMonitor ReadCheck
InactivityMonitor WriteCheck
InactivityMonitor Async Task: *
ActiveMQ Broker[...] Scheduler
BrokerService[...] Task-*
ActiveMQ Data File Writer
ActiveMQ Journal Checkpoint Worker
KahaDB Scheduler

How do these threads line up to those described in this document?  What are the other threads
for?  I know that some are obviously for Kaha persistence, and some of these are for the client
side transport vs. server-side transport, but I'd rather not assume what they are for.

I didn't find much documentation about what these threads are or how to configure the pools
which are used.  Most google search end up pointing back at this document referenced above.
 Its a very good document, except that its not clear how the threads in the document relate
to actually thread names used at runtime.

Can anyone please help line up the thread names to their use and how they relate to the thread
usage explanation in this document?

Thanks,

--jason