activemq-users mailing list archives

From Michael Justin <michael.jus...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Stomp 1.1 - first message sent to broker after heart-beat time-out is "lost"
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:56:56 GMT
Am 19.11.2011 18:21, Timothy Bish wrote:

> If you want to be sure that the message is processed, then you need to
> add a receipt request, otherwise the delivery is not guaranteed.   You
> await the receipt an once received you know the broker had a chance to
> process the message before the connection was closed as inactive.

Thank you for your answer, I will use receipt headers in my tests now as
you suggested.

With my current tests (which do not use a receipt header in the Stomp
SEND frame), I see the following output repeatedly in the broker log.

These messages start to appear a few moments after the client waited too
long:

  WARN | Transport failed:
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: C
hannel was inactive for too (>2000) long: tcp://127.0.0.1:49459
  WARN | Failed to browse Topic: TEST.DEFAULT
java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.policy.LastImageSubscriptionRecover
yPolicy.browse(LastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy.java:63)
         at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Topic.doBrowse(Topic.java:572)
         at
org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Topic.access$100(Topic.java:63)
         at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.Topic$6.run(Topic.java:667)
         at
org.apache.activemq.thread.SchedulerTimerTask.run(SchedulerTimerTask.
java:33)

Regards
--
Michael Justin