activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: Configuring Network of Brokers
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:35:44 GMT
Hello,

From what I know the information about a durable consumer is broadcasted along the network.

So broker A will know there is a durable consumer on Broker B.

Regarding slow consumers:
Broker A will happily forward all msgs to Broker B as long as Broker B does not complain.
With a slow consumer on Broker B, msgs will pile up on broker B.
Assuming producer flow control turned on on both brokers, broker B will slow down broker A
(via producer flow control) )when broker B hits any configured memory limits. From that time
on, messages pile up on broker A as well. If this continues, then broker A will eventually
hit its memory limits and slow down the real producer that is connected to broker A.

That's my understanding from previous testings, but you may want to confirm that.

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com