activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ishitori <Ishit...@bk.ru>
Subject Producer Flow Control best practices
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:34:56 GMT
I've encountered a problem of hanging up of the producers and I found that it
is related to "Producer Flow Control". I made a quick fix via disabling
producerFlowControl at all. But now I wonder what should I do, because I
don't really want producers to use all available disk space.

The questions are:

1) I send persistent messages, but I set AsyncSend to true. Does it mean
that messages are stored in-memory as they were non-persistent? What will
happen a broker-node in failover cluster got restarted? Will I lose these
in-memory messages?

2) Should I use vmQueueCursor if I enable producerFlowControl and set
memoryLimit to 512mb? Will it increase the perforamnce?

3) There are also systemUsage section that contains memoryUsage node. Should
I increase that value as well if I set 512mb memory limit? I believe it is
the global option that controls total amount of the memory that could be
used to store messages. Am I right?