activemq-users mailing list archives

From mrdiesel <>
Subject ActiveMQ Admin or commandline-jmx to configure memoryLimit at run time
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 00:22:36 GMT

I m trying to configure memory limit at run time to be able to throttle my

Using jconsole and jmx I m able to change *MemoryLimit* (which is
highlighted in blue) and throttle the producers.

But i want to be able to do this at run time, without having to restart the

I tried using commandline-jmxclient-0.10.3 which is the only version of it i
could find online :( very old. and no luck.

I tried using activemq-admin and not sure how to get around that to set a
value. I m aware that changes wont persist to config file.

How can i do it?

this is how i can query with commandline tool

java -jar cmdline-jmxclient-0.10.3.jar - localhost:1099
11/18/2011 10:33:08 -0800 org.archive.jmx.Client EnqueueCount: 999

but i want to be able to set the *MemoryLimit*.

can someone advise please?