activemq-users mailing list archives

From vilvic <j...@vilvic.com>
Subject Re: Connection to a remote active mq broker
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:23:15 GMT
Just to add to my previous post.  I waited 5 minutes while the app was
hanging.  I fired up the local active mq broker and within a few seconds the
app stopped hanging and continued on.  I can't tell if the
ConnectionFactoryProperties setting is being ignored but it seems telling to
me that once the local active mq broker is running that it continues.  Since
I have no failover  configured why would it use the local amq broker?

Looking at the source (and with some guesswork) I assume the
ActiveMQXAConnectionFactory in instantiated using the default constructor,
thereby setting brokerURL to the value of DEFAULT_BROKER_URL.  It appears
that when the first message is put onto the queue that the connection is
established. I further assumed that setProperties(Properties props) (from
JNDIBaseSortable which ActiveMQXAConnectionFactory extends) is called, which
in turn calls buildFromProperties(props) which should then set the brokerURL
to my setting.

It's my belief that setProperties(Properties props) is not being called.