activemq-users mailing list archives

From Radek Kraus <rkr...@gk-software.com>
Subject Custom Transport - similar to Failover transport
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 09:15:35 GMT
Hello,
I running something like cluster application. I used "embedded" ActiveMQ
broker, which can run only as one instance (singleton) in whole cluster app.
If the "cluster node" with active ActiveMQ broker died, then another
ActiveMQ broker is started => so I have only one "active" instance of
ActiveMQ broker at one time (JDBC persistence).

On the "client side" I used failover transport at first (I must specify all
cluster node addresses, where ActiveMQ broker can run - failover uri). I
would like to modify "static" failover configuration (all nodes must be
present in uri) to a dynamic way.

The first simple idea is to write the uri of active ActiveMQ broker to JNDI
(or somewhere). The client then can ask JNDI for active broker uri.
If the connection failed, client ask JNDI for current active broker uri. For
me, it sounds as "modified" failover transport.

I want to ask if the idea to write own custom transport (based on failover
transport) is correct. Or if there is another way how to reach this goal.

I cannot used none of "clustering" features, which is available in ActiveMQ
(Networks of brokers ...) at the moment, let say that it is a requirement to
use singleton broker in own cluster architecture.

Thanks in advance.