activemq-users mailing list archives

From "daniel.blyth" <rdbl...@gmail.com>
Subject Stuck messages in topic after restart of broker
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:58:02 GMT
Here are the steps to repeating the problem I am seeing:
1.  Consumer registers with topic
2.  Bring consumer offline
3.  Publish n messages to topic
4.  Restart ActiveMQ
5.  Bring consumer online

The problem that occurs n - maxPageSize (where maxPageSize is defined for
topic in the activemq.xml) message get sent to the consumer.  The additional
messages seem to be stuck and don't get sent until new message are published
to the topic.  Queues seems to work fine with this same scenario.

My setup seems pretty normal from what I can tell.   I am using ActiveMQ
5.5.0, spring, using a PooledConnectionFactory and
DefaultMessageListenerContainer.

Additional information that makes this problem more weird is that this only
occurs when creating topic at startup of ActiveMQ.  If the topic is created
dynamically I don't see this issue.  Also if I use an older version 5.3.1 I
don't see this issue at all)

Does anyone have clue what the issue could be?  I have been looking at this
issue for over a week now and I can't figure it out