activemq-users mailing list archives

From JacobS <jacobhame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: clients are getting disconnected
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 12:23:00 GMT
Is the 'one FilePendingMessageCursor (minimum 256K) x Topic Consumer', memory
usage by design ?
It seems that its a lot of wasted memory, Hundreds Of Megabytes are wasted
on those 2 arrays in OpenWireFormat object ( which are all null at the point
when the client creates the topic consumers any way ).
I am looking for a way I can connect thousands of clients to a single broker
without having to require to much RAM on the brokers machine.
Can tweaking 'memoryLimit' reduce the memory used by the broker ?