activemq-users mailing list archives

From JacobS <>
Subject clients are getting disconnected
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 15:31:26 GMT
I am using version 5.5.0 and after connecting 1000 clients with nio transport
connector, clients start to disconnect with the exception:

 15:24:11,307  WARN FailoverTransport:231 - Transport (null) failed to
nio://server2:61618 , attempting to automatically reconnect due to:
 org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive
for too (>30000) long: server2/ [{InactivityMonitor Async
Task: java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker@2083fc73}]

And in  the server I am getting these INFO messages:

17:14:46.808 [ActiveMQ NIO Worker] INFO -
The connection to 'null' is taking a long time to shutdown.

after querying a heap dump using Eclipse Memory Analyzer.
Leak Suspects reports:

1,893 instances of
"", loaded
by "org.apache.activemq.activemq-core" occupy 502,260,984 (68.64%) bytes.
These instances are referenced from one instance of "java.lang.Object[]",
loaded by "<system class loader>"

I seems that although I am using nio each connection is consuming a lot of

How can I reduce memory consumption ?