activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: Why does consumer has a lower performance comparing with producer?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 07:42:28 GMT
Are these persistent messages?

From my own performance tests I know that enqueuing a persistent message takes longer than
dequeuing it, which is the opposite behavior from what you're seeing. Persistent msgs need
to be persisted to the brokers store.

Do you encounter the same behavior when turning off compression?
Are producer/broker/consumer on the same machine?
Also, I presume there are no transactions used?

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke@blogspot.com

On Oct 20, 2011, at 9:32 AM, lzr wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> In my cases, I produces and consumes messages with big data: 40K per message, 10000 messages
produced and consumed for each exchange. For better performance I used jms.useCompression
in my connection and it did work well: