activemq-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Enabling JDBC Master/Slave (Was RE: Shared directory Master/Slave - How do I tell?)
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 05:45:31 GMT
On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 9:10 PM,  <shaun.t.erickson@accenture.com> wrote:
> I wrote:
>
>>I've now been asked to set it up in a JDBC Master Slave configuration,
>>pointing at an Oracle database. I see that configuring the activemq-jdbc.xml
>>file is easy and straightforward to do. What I don't see documented, is how
>>to put it into effect. To setup Shared Directory Master Slave, I edited the
>>persistenceAdapter found in activemq.xml. How do I tell AMQ that it should be
>>using the persistenceAdapter defined in activemq-jdbc.xml - simply comment out
>>the persistenceAdapter in activemq.xml?
>
> I configured activemq-jdbc.xml. Then I commented out the persistenceAdapter in activemq.xml.
This made it start up with a KahaDB. Next, I copied the persistence adapter configuration
from activemq-jdbc.xml to activemq.xml. That made it start and immediately fail with:

> 2011-10-06 14:56:48,312 | INFO  | Refreshing org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1@5e5a50:
startup date [Thu Oct 06 14:56:48 EDT 2011]; root of context hierarchy | org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory$1
| WrapperSimpleAppMain
>
> I'm guessing that this is because the bean configuration is still only in activemq-jdbc.xml
and it's not being seen.

> What is the proper way to configure the system to use the information from activemq-jdbc.xml?
The only thing I find in the documentation is how to configure activemq-jdbc.xml, but not
how to activate that configuration.

> I'm happy to RTFM, given a pointer to the correct FM. :)

FuseSource have a guide for setting up JDBC
http://fusesource.com/documentation/fuse-message-broker-documentation/
http://fusesource.com/docs/broker/5.5/persistence/FuseMBPersistJDBCStore.html

Chapter 5 in the ActiveMQ in Action book covers the message store, and
also about JDBC.

The AMQ website do not have much details but a bit is there
http://activemq.apache.org/jdbc-support.html
http://activemq.apache.org/jdbc-master-slave.html

> Thank you, in advance, for your time and consideration.
>
> -ste

or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

--
Claus Ibsen